Are you a Marketing Expert or do you know one?
The CSTB (Canadian Software Testing Board) is the Canadian national branch of the ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) is actively seeking for a Marketing Expert.
The VP – Marketing position is one of 10 volunteer directors that govern the Canadian Software Testing Board. It is an elected position and the incumbent must be committed to the Board’s vision and mission.
Major responsibilities and duties include:
- Chair of the Marketing Committee responsible for all of the committee’s activities including calling meetings.
- Make recommendations to the CSTB Executive Board regarding the CSTB Marketing Plan and future marketing activities.
- Liaison between the Marketing Committee and the VP – Digital Marketing.
- Liaison between the Marketing Committee and the Secretariat marketing activities.
- Liaison between the Marketing Committee and any third party marketing provider having a contract with the CSTB.
- Recruit Committee members as required from other members of the CSTB Executive Board, the CSTB Technical Committee, or certified software testers outside of the CSTB.
- Ensure compliance with the rules governing marketing that may be defined by the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB).
- Annually attend the CSTB Face-To-Face Meeting which will be held on the last weekend of each May, e.g., Friday, May 27 to Sunday, May 29, 2016 in a location to be determined.
- Attending the two hour CSTB Executive Board meetings which are held on the 3rd Monday of each January, March, September and November.
- Attending the annual CSTB Face-To-Face Meeting in May.
- Two to three hours per month might need to be spent on the portfolio.
- Degree in Marketing or closely related field or equivalent experience.
- Preference for someone with a minimum of 2 years of marketing experience in IT industry.
- It is not necessary that the VP – Marketing be certified with the ISTQB.
How to apply:
Please review position descriptions before applying. If you are the one, please send your recent resume and covering letter to email@example.com byJanuary 8th, 2015.
About the CSTB: The CSTB (Canadian Software Testing Board) is the Canadian national branch of the ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board). As such, it advocates education and examination as a practical means to excel in the software testing field. The CSTB is one of more than 40 national boards participating in the ISTQB. www.cstb.ca.