New ISTQB Website Goes Live
On May 31, 2010 the ISTQB released their new website. The website address remains unchanged as www.istqb.org. The website has been upgraded to include new functionality and information for members of the ISTQB community. The transition to the new website should be relatively transparent to the testing community as the “legacy” website functionality and information has been used as the baseline for the new website. All previously existing information is still available to the public.
Objectives of the new website:
- Improve the site organization to handle both the current information as well as the likely future growth of information.
- Improve the user-friendliness of the site design and navigation in a way that will accommodate new pages and sections in the future.
- Improve the graphic design to better reflect the organization’s status as the most widely recognized and fastest growing software tester certification in the world.
- More professional looking website for marketing purposes
- Greater access to the syllabi and glossary
- More information about the member boards
- More information about ISTQB and its ongoing activities in the testing community
- More regular information available to interested parties
- More interaction / collaboration between working parties
What do the changes mean to testers?
- The international testing community will now have clearer access to the ISTQB knowledge base, and have more exposure to the information available from ISTQB. Discussion forums will be made available in the near future.
- Testers will also be able to find out more information about their local member boards and their local training and exam providers.
What do the changes mean to training and exam providers?
Training and exam providers will have their information listed and available to the global community in a central location. This will allow testing professionals to clearly identify the training and exam providers in their local areas, as well as the services provided by the providers.
About the CSTB: The CSTB (Canadian Software Testing Board) is the Canadian national branch of the ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board). As such, it advocates education and examination as a practical means to excel in the software testing field. The CSTB is one of many national boards participating in the ISTQB.www.cstb.ca.
About the ISTQB: It is the ISTQB’s role to support a single, universally accepted, international qualification scheme, aimed at software and system testing professionals, by providing the core syllabi and by setting guidelines for accreditation and examination for member boards. www.istqb.org