The CSTB (Canadian Software Testing Board) is the Canadian national branch of the ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board). As such, it advocates education and examination as a practical means to excel in the software testing field. The CSTB is one of many national boards participating in the ISTQB; other countries include England, France, Sweden, Spain, China, Denmark, Brazil…
The CSTB was founded on January 12, 2007.
The Board of Directors are:
- President – Sarah Savoy (Foundation Level)
- Vice-President – Amanda Logue (Foundation Level, Foundation Level Agile Tester Extension, Advanced Level Test Analyst, Advanced Level Test Manager)
- Treasurer – Derek Law (Foundation Level)
- Secretary, Director, Partner Program (Interim) – Frances Flor (Foundation Level)
- Director, Accreditations – Alla Dokoukina (Foundation Level)
- Director, Examinations – Amanda Alderman (Foundation Level, Full Advanced)
- Director, Marketing – Jean-Francois Riverin (Foundation Level, Foundation Level Agile Tester Extension)
- Director, Partner Program – TBD
- Director-at-Large – Paul-André Robichaud (Foundation Level, Advanced Level Test Manager)
- Director-at-Large – Sylvette Morissette (Foundation Level, Foundation Level Agile Tester Extension, Full Advanced)
- Secretariat – Ryan Acayan
These Directors work on a voluntary basis on the board. All are specialists, practitioners, consultants and trainers that have experience in software testing and quality assurance related positions in Canada.